Thursday, January 10, 2008

Are You KIDDING Me??

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


The latest buzz is that someone with an LID like mine (October 2006) will be lucky to receive a referral in 2011. Gee, that would only make it 5 years from start to finish. No problem.

I have questions: Is the CCAA really going to accept files that are 5 or 6 years old? Will the Ontario government require me to continuously renew my documents? Do I live my life in limbo, or try to truly live?

Well, considering my New Year's vow to live positively, I'm going to put this aside and continue to live. I'm healthy. I'm in love with a wonderful man (so what if I can't marry him for years to come or I won't be able to adopt? Neither of us are going anywhere, and in the grand scheme of things, life is long). I'm happy. I'm employed. Yes, this SUCKS, and I'm angry. But I'm not going to let it make me a negative, bitter person.

12 comments:

4D said...

Trying here to pick myself up and not get caught in the web of bitterness.

Tasha Kent said...

You have a great attitude. I guess the term 'the adoption journey isn't an easy one' is a gross understatement.

Operationtigerlily said...

It's hard isn't it, not to be bitter, sad and angry on a daily basis? I am glad you are pushing through it. I wish I could.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Good for you, Cari! I wish you nothing but the best!

HUGS!

Janet

M and M said...

I wish there was SOMETHING good in all this news...

something...

Liz and Ava said...

Love your attitude! It's the only way you'll get through the wait. Hang in there.

Mamacita said...

Good for you. I think we all need to really focus on the good things in our life or we'll all be popping Prozac like M&Ms. I for one am happy you're in love! I was impressed by him! (And I'm picky!)

D & S said...

I'm glad you are not letting this get to you. Can you throw some of that positive dust my way??

Kelley said...

My thoughts are that no one knew things were going to slow down like this, so how can anyone know when they will pick up? I say, prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and keep up that terrific attitude!

Monica said...

Hi there,

You visited our site about a year ago as we were preparing to leave for China for our girl, and I was just reminded of your blog now as I read some old posts of ours.

My heart goes out to you for this long wait. However, I honestly believe it won't be 2011 before you bring Jordyn home. We expect to be DTC any day now for daughter #2, which shows our faith that things will continue along and in fact speed up. No one knows but the CCAA of course, but when your heart is in China, what can you do?!

All the best,

Monica

"M2" said...

when you figure this out......let me know

Maia said...

Good for you on the positive 'tude!
It is hard. I hadn't been following the rumors...can't BELIEVE the estimates are still getting longer. BUt you're so right: it IS very important to appreciate your life for what it is now. Lucky you!