Sunday, March 30, 2008

Phew!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


I had my update with the new Social Worker on Friday and it all went very well. She was really nice, and put me at ease right away. She liked my apartment, liked the baby's room and crib and was generally very encouraging. For the first time with someone "official" in this process, I feel like I have an ally in this mess. While I liked my former SW, my contact with him was sporadic, and really, I haven't talked to him since my homestudy was completed 2 years ago. (Other than to 'break up' with him, that is...) This new SW seems to really value her work in helping to create families and has sent me some recommended reading, as promised. She's basically saying, "Don't stress, it'll all work out".

Nice to hear....I hope she's right.

9 comments:

4D said...

Good stuff!

Keep smilin!

M and M said...

PHEW!

Glad it wall worked out for you!!

Catherine said...

Glad it went so well! Calling my SW is on my agenda for tomorrow.

Step by step you're getting closer to Jordyn! Wahoo!!

Unknown said...

Yeah for a good meeting, glad its over

D & S said...

I'm glad your new SW is a good egg. It's nice when you feel you have someone on your side. At least you won't have to deal with this for another 2 years now.

Norma said...

She sounds a little like my SW - glad it went well.

Pam and Jeff said...

Loved the picture. IT is so true!!! Breathe easy!! Onde day at a time!!

Jules and Danny said...

It'll all work out for sure! I'm glad you found someone to work with. And congrats on your new pad!

Maia said...

I'm so glad you got a good one! Our old SW quit to take another job, and I miss her so much...she was THE BEST! We get to meet our new one in the next week or two and I'm a little nervous...but I'm excited to show her the nursery!