Saturday, February 17, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year!! I'm hoping to learn more about this beautiful celebration as I go along on my journey to meet Jordyn. According to China Sprout "It is traditional to hang Chinese New Year Greeting Couplets, such as these, around the door of one’s house during the Chinese New Year. These three-piece couplet sets feature traditional greetings and good wishes for things such as a very lucky year, good health and prosperity. Decorate your family’s home for the New Year the same way that millions of Chinese people do throughout the world. These are truly “must have” items for the Chinese New Year, and they’re easy to use: simply hang the two long couplets vertically on each side of the door, and the short one horizontally across the top of the door."
I'm not feeling hugely 'festive' at the moment, considering how far away my baby is. However, I'll keep learning, and maybe I'll have a little Chinese New Year party next year, in anticipation of good things to come. For those of you celebrating Chinese New Year, enjoy!

3 comments:

4D said...

Xin Nian Hao - Happy New Year!!!

One day soon you will have your daughter to celebrate with.

Keep smilin!

Rhonda said...

Gong xi fa cai!

Tao's Mommy said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you too!! This will be the best year for both of us!!!