Saturday, June 10, 2006

Waiting.....

As I wait for my daughter, I want to record the experience. This blog will be my effort at writing and remembering the time I'm pursuing international adoption in China.
As of this date, I've had 4 meetings with my social worker for my homestudy, been fingerprinted by the RCMP, had a police check done by the Toronto police, had friends and family write reference letters, painted the baby's room ( a lovely yellow) and tried to remember why I'm doing all of this.
Although it doesn't seem like it at this point, everyone assures me that some day in the future, I will get a referral for my daughter. and then soon after, go to meet her and bring her home. It's a very long wait -- maybe 18 months from now. Everyone says it will go quickly, but I have my doubts.
There's one thing I know...that tiny yellow room in my small apartment, belongs to Jordyn. My daughter.

No comments: