Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Homestudy - the saga

I went to Michael's (Social Worker's) office yesterday to read my homestudy. Really bizzare to read your life story compressed into a few pages! I thought he did a good job of 'capturing' my story, though.
Nothing in this process is simple, however, and there are some glitches. I have some 'questionable' material in my medical report, and according to the ever-helpful Bob at FOI (my agency) I need to have my doctor write a letter in support of my adoption. I'm going to see her on Thursday...hopefully, she won't have a problem writing the letter for me. I've even typed out a 'cheat sheet' of sorts for her, indicating what needs to be in the letter.
I'm also waiting for my letter from Dr. Kim, whose office swore to me that they mailed it last Monday. This one will state that I'm in a good, healthy state to adopt, despite my little cancer scare 6 years ago.
Another piece of paper I need is a 'guardianship letter' from friends who say they will take care of Jordyn in the event of my early demise. When is all of this supposed to happen, you ask? Well, soon it's summer, and the teachers of the world can spend time dealing with adoption papers and getting ready for the time when I'll forget all of this...when Jordyn is finally home.

No comments: