Thursday, September 28, 2006

DOSSIER TO CHINA!!!

Another major milestone reached! I got a letter from FOI yesterday, telling me that my dossier had been couriered to China in September! (I'm not sure of the actual date). This is great, because I was initially thinking that it wouldn't go until December, so I'm 3 months ahead of schedule. yay!

All of this is great, considering that the letter included the "14-18 month wait for the referral of your child" information that I was hoping might be shorter. Anyway, I'm excited!

FOI included the names of the other families whose files were sent at the same time as mine, so maybe we can start getting to know each other, as we wait for our children. I'm the only single parent of the group, which is a bit surprising to me, but also okay. I'm looking forward to meeting the others in my 'travel group' and trying to make the next year and a half go quickly!

Now...to wait for the LID date (the date your dossier is logged in with the Chinese government) and then the waiting can officially, officially begin.

3 comments:

4D said...

Great news! Congrats on your DTC!!

It is a huge step. Must feel good!

Keep smilin!

Tao's Mommy said...

OMG....WOW, that is WONDERFUL!! Congrats on your DTC. I was doing back flips when I heard I was DTC. You should try and find out which day it went (just for your timeline). Maybe you are already logged-in....too cool how things move once you are DTC!!
~~hugs~~

M and M said...

Congrats on your DTC. We are currently waiting for our DTC - hoping it will be next week.