Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Stress.....




This is the t-shirt I should be wearing lately every time I think of anything adoption related. There's nothing new to report, other than the rumours which have been floating around the internet, which state that China might close the 'singles' adoption program. There's talk that if one's dossier isn't logged in by January 2007 (where are they getting these figures??? And who are they???) then the single person's adoption wouldn't go through. On the positive side, these same rumours seem to say that if your dossier is logged in by that date, then you're likely okay.

My big problem right now is that my homestudy is still in the hands of the oh-so-slow Ontario government. I wrote to FOI (my agency) and the have told me that they're not sure of the validity of these rumours, and they'll hear from the Chinese government soon. According to them, they're expecting my dossier to make it out of the Ontario government by mid-October, and then to be sent to China in mid-November.

So...nothing I can do right now except wait, and buy the occasional cute thing at Winners for my little one. I just hope that my little one will someday actually exist and be with me here in Canada. I hope that all of this effort will pay off, and that I can still adopt my daughter from China.

A friend recently asked me if I would be 'okay' if the singles program was closed before I was able to adopt Jordyn. An interesting question. Of course, I'd have no choice but to be okay, and I guess there would be other options for adoption. Vietnam is opening up, and there are other places too.

The problem is that I feel very connected to China at this point. The culture is so rich and interesting, and I'm excited to learn more about it. I feel like my daughter is destined to come from there, and come home to me.

1 comment:

Tao's Mommy said...

No stressing now GIRL!!!
You will be OK with China....
But I hear you on thinking of other countries. Vietnam was my 2nd pick, but China is so near & dear to my heart I had to go there. Maybe if China changes it rules, Channing MAY get a sibling from Vietnam in a few years....hehe