Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Could this month get any more depressing????

Ok....first I have to put my cat to sleep, and then I get really sick, and haven't yet recovered. All I want to do is sleep. Then, I speak to the people at my adoption agency and they tell me that I'm now looking at an 18-24 month wait from LID (which is likely some point in October, although I don't have an exact date yet). This is starting to feel like it will never happen. The timelines are getting longer and longer, and life is getting more and more depressing waiting for this to happen.

I think I'm going to get a kitten. The house is too quiet and lonely since Tyler's been gone, and I need something little to take care of. While I wait for my Jordyn, that little something might as well be cute and furry.

If I end up getting a 'new addition', I'll post some pics next week.

3 comments:

4D said...

I hope you feel better soon! The wait is hard. But what else can we do?

Good luck with your new kitten. Take care of your furry baby for a while. It might help.

Keep smilin!

Norma said...

I hope you're feeling better, Cari!
Get that kitten - pets are such good company, especially when we are blue.

Tao's Mommy said...

Hope you get feeling better soon!! I too say GET YOUR KITTEN!! I cannot imagine my house without my dog, it is my "therapy" having her around!!
With the wait, theres nothing you can do except....sit back, hold on and the ride wil eventually stop! I do think in the New Year that things will speed up. So focus on your kitty and Jordyn will be with you soon!!