Thursday, January 04, 2007

Referral Time and other ramblings...

I'm starting to understand this whole 'referral time' thing! A lucky group of parents (who have been waiting around 16 months since LID) got their referrals yesterday, and they finally have pictures and information of their beautiful children! It's so exciting to read their blogs and see the pics of the new children, and to know that they've been waiting FOREVER (that's how it feels) to see their children. Check out the Rumor Queen website to see links to some families who have posted pictures.

I was telling a friend today that adoption is like being pregnant for years, and never knowing when or if you might go into labour. I think of Jordyn CONSTANTLY - and people telling me 'not to think about it' isn't helpful. I've been waiting for this child for years and years. I've been waiting to become a mother for a long, long time. The first time I got pregnant was more that 11 years ago. If you count the years of planning and thinking and dreaming about having a child, I've been waiting more 15 years for this child. After 2 miscarriages, and much decision making, I'm now travelling to China for my daughter, who I already love so much. I hope that one day, I'll be able to post my referral pictures of my baby, and know that I'll be going to meet her soon.

2 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I am TOTALLY in agreement! This is soooo much harder than ANY pregnancy.....and it seems like it will go on forever!

randy and cara said...

As a guy I can say the wait is long for us too, but the gift at the end of this trip is soooo gonna be worth it :)