Saturday, June 09, 2007

Hitting the Wall?



I'm getting REALLY frustrated by the wait. I'm only 7 months logged in, and the current timing suggests that I'll be waiting until 2009, or even 2010 for my daughter. What if the China program closes? What if this NEVER happens?
I've even been toying with the idea of trying to get pregnant again, which tells you how incredibly stressed I've been lately. The idea of being pregnant is enough to make me nauseous (not in the good, morning sickness way) but what if my adoption never happens?
The people who are just getting their referrals this month were Logged In for about 18-19 months. I'd LOVE it if my wait was that short, but it seems to be around 24-30 months FROM NOW. This is the most frustrating, tortuous journey ever --
Sorry for the depressing post, but that's my day today.

post signature

10 comments:

M and M said...

I hear you!! We are at 6 months so we are basically in the same boat!

It WILL happen - I don't know when, but it will. China might close (I think they should stop accepting dossiers until the backlog is cleared up), but they will honour the dossiers that they currently have.

Hang in there! We are here for you!

Rhonda said...

I know exactly how you're feeling...we all do. Feel free to vent, you know where I am. :)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

WE are all here for you, no matter what happens....venting is good for the soul.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it sucks, doesnt it. And the worse part is, if we complain, everyone else is complaining too. We are no more unique than everyone else.

Polar Bear said...

I have hit that wall myself - many times. Some how you will get over this wall and continue on the journey of waiting, hoping, and waiting some more. Jordyn WILL come home one day. Hopefully when that happens we won't remember these really rough days of this LONG journey.

HOLD ON!

D & S said...

I get it. It's very frustrating waiting for the all mighty speed up to happen. Just vent away, we're all here for you.

Unknown said...

We were just LID and reading posts like this makes it more real..
Praying for bigger referrals this month and hoping those of you who have been waiting will have a shorter wait than expected

4D said...

Vent away! We all hit that wall and need to let it out. Here for you!

It will happen! This wait is sucky but we will make it.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

What they said. Right there with ya sister. We will get through it together.

HUGS

Jill and Jaap said...

With you as well...vent away...we all feel the same!