Tuesday, June 26, 2007

8 Months!



Add another ladybug to Jordyn's door -- today is 8 months since LID. Today I was wondering how many more months to go....could it be 20 more? 24 more? No one really seems to know, but today I am 8 months closer to my daughter. As DateBoy so eloquently put it today, I am two-thirds of a year there!

Tonight I went out for dinner with my friend Tracey, who at this point has 19 ladybugs on her door. Her referral will hopefully be included in this next batch, so we're sort of on pins and needles waiting for it. It's funny...it's difficult to be so far away from referral, and it's difficult for Tracey and her family to be so close. I think all of us in the adoption community have come to the conclusion that it's hard any way you look at it!

Tracey gave me the cutest little gift for Jordyn today -- an adorable T-shirt, with a ladybug on the front.


Note the close up of the ladybug on the pic on the right!


Thanks Tracey!! I'll be hoping and praying for good things for you this month!




post signature

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck to your friend!! I love the ladybugs on the door! What a cool idea!

Polar Bear said...

Congrats on having 8 months behind you!!!

You're right ~ this is hard no matter what point we are at. Keeping my fingers crossed that Tracey receives her referral in this batch.

Cute t-shirt!

Rhonda said...

Happy 8 month LIDiversary, Sprout!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Happy 8th month, and a very cute t-shirt!

M and M said...

Yeah for 8 months!!

DateBoy...details!!!

Anonymous said...

good job!

D & S said...

Happy 8 months! Keeping my fingers crossed that your friends will be included with this next batch.

Jill and Jaap said...

Congratulations on 8 months!