Sunday, July 01, 2007

Canada Day Fun!



Happy 140th Birthday, Canada!! Today was a nice day spent at the Family Outreach International picnic, which took place at Black Creek Pioneer Village. It's a cool place where the staff dress in period costumes, and there are blacksmiths, tinsmiths, and the like, all plying their trades for all to see. It's funny to see guests wandering around the place on cell phones, though....just like in days of yore. Seriously, people, put the damn phones away and just enjoy the day!!
Ok, rant over.

The picnic was fun -- I went with Tracey and her family. They've just received word that their referral will be in the next batch, so I'm sure that Tracey will be calm, cool, and collected for the upcoming days...NOT!!! I don't know how people deal with the last few days...brutal.

Anyway, tons of gorgeous kids and a yummy lunch was had by all. It's always nice to see families who have successfully gone through the adoption process, and have their children with them. I was at the picnic last year, and I was there this year. 2 picnics without my daughter. I wonder how many more? I'm thinking at least 2 more without her, which is wildly frustrating, but probably reality.

post signature

5 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm so glad you had a great Canada day! And a great picnic with FOI! We have to miss the one in Edmonton....:-( ANd I really wanted to meet Bob and Yulin!!!!

D & S said...

Happy Canada Day to you too! I hope you had a great time.

Roy and Lori said...

Just wanted to say hi! I really
enjoyed reading your blog!

M and M said...

Happy Canada Day! Glad you had a good day.

Fingers crossed that it WON'T be 2 more without her...

Jill and Jaap said...

Happy belated Canada Day to you!