Wednesday, July 25, 2007

9 Months LID -- Still No Labour Pains...



So...the dreaded 9 months LID arrives, with no baby in sight. The wait grows, as does my frustration and pain at not having my child home with me. Things have been so great for me lately....DateBoy is the most wonderful man ever, and I'm feeling things I've never felt before, nor ever hoped to feel. I'm beyond grateful for this time with him, and excited by what may be to come...

And yet, there's always a bit of emptiness, a bit of my life missing. It's always around this time of month that I rememeber lost babies and imagine what could have been. Allow myself to play the 'poor Cari' game for a few minutes. But then I remind myself to live in the moment as much as possible and to be grateful for the things I have. Incredible friends, who are more like family than family. Good health (and there were times that I didn't have this, so I know how important it is). A career which is fun and fulfilling. Work in the theatre, to satisfy the creative side of my life. DateBoy, who I love so much, and who I know loves me...the most special feeling I've ever experienced. And somewhere in the future...my daughter, who will one day read these blog entries and know how much she is loved and how much her mother is waiting for her to come home.

post signature

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Happy 9 month LIDiversary!

aimeeg said...

Congrats on 9. Sounds like living in the moment is a grand place to be.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Yep, those are blessings indeed. I'm glad things are going so well for you, Cari. Hang in there, and keep your attitude positive, it's infectious! (in a good way ;-))

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, and I think you should tell us about your work in the theatre! Now I'm curious!

Happy 9th, too, BTW!

Catherine said...

9 months closer friend...9 months closer! Hmmm...wonder how far 'over' we have to go before we can ask to be induced?

Bring on those adorable babies! :o)

What a great post of celebration.

Ivy Shaffer said...

Hey I am 9mths too! Maybe we are half way there whoopee.

Hugs from a friend in the USA

Ivy

M and M said...

Congrats on 9 months!

Congrats too on this wonderful, new and exciting relationship!

I am happy for you.

It is so hard to ignore the emptiness sometimes...

D & S said...

Happy nine months! I'm glad things with date boy are going well.

Jill and Jaap said...

Happy 9 months Cari!

Michael and Tammy said...

Congratulations on your 9 month LID!! Even though we have quite a while to wait it is still 9 months down that we won't have to wait again!

Elizabeth said...

Sweet post. Revel in the goodness that surrounds you.

Lovenicky said...

Hi Cari!

Hang in there! Just curious, are you thinking of going to China for a leisure trip yourself before 2009?

darmeen

Norma said...

Congratulations on 9 months down! I like Catherine's idea about requesting to be induced!