Monday, August 13, 2007

The Sweetest Words....

Usually, "I love you" are those words that take awhile to say and feel really comfortable with. DateBoy and I are past that part, and we say it, and mean it, all the time. Truly, it had been so long since I had heard these words that I wonder if I'll ever grow tired of hearing them now. I can't imagine getting tired of saying them!

It took us some time to come out with the big "I love you" moment, and DateBoy was braver than I in saying it first. I waited, as I wanted to be REALLY SURE that I meant it, and wasn't rushing into anything. I loved him a long time before I actually said it. I had visions of telling him for the first time in a really romantic setting (you know...candles, wine, gentle music in the background). In reality, I was sort of swept along while we installed a dimmer switch in my kitchen. It's always the little moments, isn't it?

Anyway, I heard words yesterday which were even more precious to me than "I love you". After a long productive day yesterday, sitting in front of the TV, DateBoy said "You're my best friend". Wow....and I realized that it's true and it's mutual. There's no one I'd rather spend time with. There's no one I have as much fun with. There's no one I laugh as much with. Best friends are precious. They're trusted with all of your deepest secrets, hopes, fears, joys and sorrows. Best friends are people you really want to spend time with. Best friends appreciate each other.

I never thought that I'd fall in love again, and I sure didn't think that when I did, I'd be so lucky as to find my best friend. Sometimes the universe is lined up just right.






post signature

13 comments:

"M2" said...

I feel so warm and fuzzy reading that.
It's awesome.
THAT is the key... to a relationship lasting. I'll be married 13 years in October.... and he is by far my very best friend.
Congratulations!!!!
Love is in the air.....

Unknown said...

Thats such a happy post..Im thrilled for you. That made me smile!

4D said...

I am all fuzzy and happy for you. Friendship is the basis that will keep a relationship going. Pls the benefits are fun too!

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

Ah Cari, What a wonderful post to read! It's great to hear how happy you are! You deserve it friend!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Being best friends is DEFINITELY the best! Happy love to you!!!!!!!

M and M said...

That is so wonderful! I am SOOOO happy for you and DateBoy! I remember when (my) Mark told me that he loved me - standing on the steps. I too was hesitant to say it first from the hurt that i had previously felt and didn't think I would ever fall in love again.

Mischa said...

Cari
I am so happy for both of you. Thanks for sharing such beautiful thoughts and feelings.
xo Marcia

D & S said...

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy too. I'm so happy for you that things are going so well. Shawn is my best friend and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Rhonda said...

Cari, I'm SO happy for you and DateBoy. :)

Now...when do we get to meet him?!

Pam and Jeff said...

I am so happy for you! This is wonderful. It sounds like you found your soul mate and best friend. Being best friends is what carries you through the good and challenging times.

Jill and Jaap said...

AWW Cari!!!

I am so happy for you!

aimeeg said...

Such a good feeling...

I'm so glad you found that. My hubby is my best friend, and we've been together 12 years, married 7.

Enjoy each other!

Mamacita said...

Swoon!