Thursday, July 12, 2007

I've Been Tagged!!! (The Nickname Files...)

Well, I've been tagged by Rhonda (aka, 'Fluffy Pretzel') to reveal any nicknames that I may have. Ok....here goes!

Well, truth be told, technically, Cari is a nickname itself. My given name is "Carol", which I never liked, or felt connected to. Friends started calling me Cari when I was a child, but I didn't officially change it until university. Legally, I'm still Carol, but there are lots of documents now (credit cards, pay cheques) that have 'Cari'. I really like my name now!



Along with my 'regular' name, there's always the usual 'Care-Bear' sorts of things that folks named Carrie/Kerry/Cari/Karen/Carol/etc always get. I also get 'Cari-Cat' and 'Cari-Care' from some folks. My parents used to call me 'bear' when I was a baby, and that still creeps up now and again.

As for 'private' nicknames, other than the standard 'Sweetie', and 'Cutie', DateBoy and I are still too new to have other, more..um...interesting nicknames for each other. When we do.....I'll be sure to keep them to myself!!!

I now tag Kim, Catherine, and Julie.






post signature

10 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I call my daughter "Bear" all the time! :-)

M and M said...

I have a friend named Carol that we call CAS - don't know why - just do!

Anonymous said...

So many care bears, so little time.

Jill and Jaap said...

Care bear is a pretty standard one with Cari's eh? Like jilly Bean with me...

Elizabeth said...

Ya I didn't get anything as cute as a care bear. I have many nick names, one of the least flattering ones is instead of Elizabeth; Lizard-breath.

D & S said...

Cari suits you better than Carol.

Anonymous said...

I have only met you once but you are right, you don't seem like a Carol to me.

Dublin Gifted said...

Alex would like to remind you that you are sometimes called k-k by one of your youngest friends! :-)

Kelly said...

You don't seem like a Carol to me. Cari seems to suit you much better, and care bear is cute too. You could switch off depending on your moods... Grumpy, etc...

Norma said...

Never met you but I think Cari suits you better than Carol. This is the first mention I have seen about DateBoy on your blog - how did the weekend go - beside flat tires?