Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ladybug Encounter



Many of you know about the connection between the ladybug and Chinese adoption. I don't know why this symbol has become such a part of this process, but it is definitely a sign of good luck.

While walking on the beach on Thursday morning, I happened across a lovely ladybug out for a stroll! I know, I know, a bug on the beach -- who woulda thought it!?!? But this process is so slow, and sometimes so stressful, that I'll take any good luck charms that happen along the way. I like to think of these things as little 'pre-Jordyn' visits, just reminding me about her (not that I ever forget), and also as reminders to pay attention to things around me.

Thanks, Ladybug!!

3 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Hooray for ladybugs! Good luck charms AND they eats tons of aphids. :-)

Janet T.
tuiningatreasures.blogspot.com

Tao's Mommy said...

Isnt it amazing HOW ladybugs really didnt mean anything before our journey's began and NOW its a big deal when we see one.....too weird!!! But enjoy those ladybug moments, GOOD LUCK seems to follow!!!

4D said...

I never cared for ladybugs until this adoption process started. Now I am crazy about them!

Thanks for sharing and visiting!

Keep smilin!