Tuesday, August 15, 2006

XPressPost to Ottawa!

Gee....I really grasp at straws to make every little part of the process a milestone!

Today I finally sent the rest of my documents to FOI -- thanks Canada Post! The adoption agency will soon be in possession of my family photos, letter of request, copies of my passport, and a few other things which now slip my mind. The poor lady at the Post Office thought I was bonkers when I asked her to take a picture of me mailing the package. I didn't want to do it, but Rochelle reminded me of the ever present scrapbooking opportunities! I'll post the picture later.


Now...if only my homestudy would come back approved...and then the whole thing will get translated within a matter of hours....and then it will all go to China....and then I'll win the lottery....Wake up!

4 comments:

4D said...

Yeah! Each step is a step closer. Celebrate each one as they only happen once for that moment!

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I think it's a GREAT idea to take a picture of that! I wish we had thought of it. I will definitely be taking a picture of the person who delivers our refferal. The poor person- I'll probably want to hug them! :-) Congrats on one more step!

Janet T.
tuiningatreasures.blogpsot.com

Junior Amabile Singers said...

Hi Cari,
We met in Ottawa..actually you spent some time chatting with my mom Barb and daughter Sadie and I was introduced to you.

Anyhoo...I 've enjoyed reading your blog. It brought back so many memories of the process of waiting. I quite clearly remember the little milestones that you are recording and I cherish them actually. Keep recording your thoughts and ideas...you'll love them later and they'll keep you sane now.

I think being a teacher makes the wait a little more difficult (not meaning to offend!!!) When you are with your kids you are constantly reminded that someday you'll have a smiling eager face of your own; the long breaks at xmas and summer are torturous because there seems to be nothing but waiting to occupy your time. I thought I would go insane waiting last summer. Everyone kept telling me "soon" but it was never going to be soon enough. Wouldn't you know that I sweated out the whole summer to receive my referral at the 11th hour...the Friday before labour day!

Well too much for one post!!!
Keep your chin up and know that there will be a day when the wait seems to disappear and all that is left is to enjoy your new family!!!

Give me a shout if you want to chat!

Jackie, in London -- heading back to school in September, arghh!
dd Sadie a. Oct 31, 2005

Tao's Mommy said...

That is a great idea to take pictures. I never thought of it and wish I would've.
A whoo hoo to another step closer to being DTC!!