Saturday, August 19, 2006

More relaxation!

I spent Wednesday and Thursday up north at Rochelle's family cottage -- jokingly referred to as the 'fancy-schmancy cottage'. It's in a gorgeous location, on the lake, and is the opposite of roughing it. Catherine, Rochelle and I had a great time -- eating, reading in the hammock, having a (very) quick dip in the lake, and generally enjoying the last hurrah before the start of school.

On the way home on Thursday, we stopped at several artisans along the way. One of the places was Simon's glass blowing studio, where Cathy bought a lovely blue tumbler, which she's planning to use for a vase. We also tried to go to a guy who does iron works, but he wasn't there. On his property, however, there was the coolest tipi!!



It was huge, and we were able to go in. Notice the humungous garlic bulbs drying behind me.




A relaxing weekend! Made me think about how many of these I'll have when Jordyn comes home. Mind you, I love the thought of sharing these exciting things with her. Imagine her expression if she saw the giant tipi!

2 comments:

4D said...

Weekends away are always great.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Keep smilin!

Tao's Mommy said...

Sounds like you had a great few days away. The tipi is huge!! I wish I was there to grab some garlic...ummm I love garlic!!
I also noticed the Tim's Iced-Capp cup on the ground....another fav of mine....