Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Little Pink Shoes...


In celebration of my homestudy being sent to the Ministry, I went shopping! I bought little pink Keds running shoes ($1.00 -- how can you beat that??), a cute pair of denim overalls, and a fun long sleeved t-shirt, with a pumpkin on the front. It's the cutest outfit in the history of cute outfits (until the next one that I get...) Photos to follow, once I figure out how to get them onto the blog!(update -- I figured it out! Yay for me, and thanks to Michael who is a great teacher, and Rob, who took the photo.)

Some might think it's strange to buy clothing for a child who isn't even born yet, but to me it's the most natural thing. I bought the shoes for Jordyn, who will one day exist in China, and then will one day come home to me in Canada. Jordyn has things that are hers : a room, a dresser, a Fisher-Price stacking toy, and little pink shoes. She also has a mother in Canada, who already loves her very much, and can't wait until these shoes are properly muddied from splashing in puddles.

4 comments:

Tao's Mommy said...

Isnt it fun to shop? I cannot help myself, I just call it my RETAIL THERAPY!!! Whenever I feel a little down due to the adoption, I always go and pick-up something for my GIRL, it really does help!!!
Happy Shopping Cari!!!

Tao's Mommy said...

Cari...Sing into blogger and at the Dashboard screen before you click on your blog, just scroll down abit and it will ask you if you want to trun WORD VERIFICATION on (to help prevent spam comments)...Try this and you shouldnt get anymore!!! If you need more help, let me know

Tao's Mommy said...

YUPPERS Cari, my dossier is in China now. My DTC is July 14th and it arrived at CCAA July 17th.......so my heart is officially on China soil!!!! Now the big wait is on!!!
How about you???

Anonymous said...

Just let me know when you want to go to Buffalo shopping...Joshua and I love it there, and you can't beat the prices.