Monday, July 24, 2006

Candice's Letter


One of the best parts about the homestudy process was getting the reference letters from my friends. They all said such kind things, and reading them made me realize even more how many people Jordyn already has in her life. So many of our friends and family are waiting for her -- we're very lucky!

One letter, however, was a big surprise. My friend Candice, who is 11 years old, and the daughter of my good friends Rochelle and David, sent me a letter. I was thrilled, and amazed, because at that point, I hadn't even talked to any of my 'kid friends' about the adoption. Needless to say, I was touched to read this letter, and included it in my homestudy.


May 31, 2006

To Whom it May Concern,


Re: Cari

My name is Candice and I am 11 years old. I have known Cari almost my whole life. Here are the top 5 reasons that Cari would make a great mom:

1. She’s patient - she never minds waiting if we don’t understand.
2. She’s kind - she’s always really nice to my brother and I.
3. She’s helpful - she came to my house to help me prepare for an audition with only one days notice.
4. She’s caring - she cares about our opinions.
5. She’s fun - she came and made muffins with my brother and I, just because we told her we liked her muffins she made and sent to us.

My brother and I love Cari and can’t wait for her to be a mom. I even took the baby-sitting course so I can help her take care of her baby.

Thank you for helping Cari get her baby,


Candice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that letter was sooo cute! I'll be checking in on your blog now that I know it's here! Thanks! Keep smiling!

Janet from Spruce Grove, AB (and FOI!)

Tao's Mommy said...

What a great letter. It is so cool to see/hear how our "little" friends think of us adopting. I have many "little" friends and they are so excited to meet my daughter. Their questions and comments are so cute...
And you even have a babysitter waiting to give you a break....extra bonus!!!