Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Mystery no Longer!


So...the package never arrived, due to some addressing errors, but Dad finally caved and told me what he was trying to send me!
It's a copy of "I Love You Like Crazy Cakes", which is the story of a mom adopting a little girl from China. He picked it up at Winners, and decided that it would be the perfect gift for me -- he's right!
Dad now has the book in his possession (I don't think he'll EVER send anything again -- this was a very frustrating experience for him) and will keep it for me. My friends are travelling to Montreal in late August, and have promised to connect with Dad to bring the book home to me. Much advance thanks to Mario and David, of the Viva Italia Courier Service (offshoot of the Viva Italia Taxi Service).
I think it's so great that my dad is being supportive of this experience...so much so that he went to the trouble of sending a gift to me. Today he used Jordyn's name for the first time in conversation with me, which I love. I love when people talk about her using the name I've given her --it makes her much more real, for me, and for everyone else who will be in her life.

1 comment:

Tao's Mommy said...

Isnt that book great!!! When I bought that book I didnt really read through it until I got home. I was so shocked & happy that it never talked about "daddy" and it was so perfect for me....single MOM!!!