Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Shopping in America!

I went to Buffalo today (well, technically Niagara Falls, but everybody tends to say 'Buffalo'). Did lots of shopping with my good friends, and fellow teachers, Rochelle and Cathy. We even got to pass Fantasy Island and shout out "Fun, Wow!!" Does anyone except Rochelle and me remember this commercial??? Always seemed like the coolest place to go -- actually kind of depressing when you pass by.

Before any of my Canadian friends slam me for spending my hard earned cash over the border, I'm an honourable Canadian, and claimed my purchases. Still think I saved some money, though! I bought a black dress for an upcoming soiree (very elegant, very pretty), a couple of watches, and some fun stuff for Jordyn.

My favourite outfit is the adorable denim skirt and top -- The Children's Place rocks!! Amazing sale racks -- I didn't spend more than $3.99 per item, and only .99 for a couple of things.




I also found these Pampers "Pocket Bibsters", which are not the most environmentally friendly thingys, but seem like they'd be great for travel to China.


I really hope that I'll get to use these things some day. I know that some people think I'm jinxing myself by buying things for my child, but it makes me happy. I've had so much bad luck with baby stuff at this point, that I really doubt that my purchasing anything for my daughter will have any impact on the universe. And really....who cares? It makes me happy and makes the endless months of waiting go by a teensy bit faster if I buy the occassional thing.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I remember that commercial!

I love shopping in Buffalo...the Galleria Mall rocks. As far as claiming my purchases, I cannot confirm or deny it as it may incriminate me...

I shop at The Children's Place for my nephew, and the selection and prices are amazing. As far as buying things before "Little Maple" comes along, it seems that we're pretty much in the minority as we're waiting until referral before we do anything.

4D said...

Too cute! Love the deals.

Keep smilin!

M and M said...

Sounds like a great deal!!

I haven't started shopping yet, but that is not to say that I wouldn't buy something if I fell upon it.