Sunday, March 25, 2007

What to do with Rotten Bananas



Bake Banana Chocolate Chip muffins of course!!! I'm not much of a baker, but every now and again, the baking muse bites, and I must submit. So...I sifted, and measured, and smashed horribly rotten bananas (they had attitude like you wouldn't believe) and voila! The kitchen smells yummy. And it's all nice and clean, because, while I'm not a neat freak by any stretch, I do like to 'clean as I go' when cooking.

But I really, really can't wait until this kitchen is a huge disaster, because I'm baking with a little girl. Because she's doing the stirring and measuring and getting flour and eggs everywhere. Because baking with a little girl is so much more fun than baking alone.

7 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Hmm..I have 2 old nasty bananas in my kitchen right now. Those muffins sound fantastic! Thank you for sharing your blog story on my blog. It has been so inspiring to read how everyone put such deep thought into their sites.

Catherine said...

I hear you! Baking with little ones takes longer, is much messier and sometimes a flop...but we wouldn't have it any other way!

Waiting for the day when you and I are blogging about our baking escapaes with our daughters. :o)

M and M said...

Sounds YUMMY!! I have a freezer full of frozen rotten bananas!! I really need to spend some time baking...not my favourite thing!

Kelly said...

It must have been one of those baking days for us waiting Mommas. Everyone is nesting! I made white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and carrot cake. I doubt Aidan will enjoy baking as much as Jordyn will! But, one can hope! Can wait to see pics posted on this very blog of the two of you together baking up a storm!

4D said...

It will be so much fun! Nummy treats with your little one...who could ask for more!?!

Keep smilin!

Tao's Mommy said...

OK....banana muffins are my FAV!!! I too cannot wait to make MONSTER COOKIES with Channing, it should be an experience the first time.....but one that will be so much fun!!!

Norma said...

Before Christmas I was at my friends house and was icing cookies for her. Her 4 year old twins wanted to help so I let them put the sprinkles and colored coconut on - made me wish I was doing it with Bethany!